Introducing the Pear Tree Fund
The Pear Tree Fund offers emotional, physical and practical support to people reaching the end of their lives so that those who wish to can die in the comfort and security of their own homes.
Originally known as Halesworth Community Nursing Care Fund (HCNCF), the charity was set up in 1989 and is entirely funded by people’s generosity.
The Pear Tree Fund has two charitable objects:
- Nursing care in the community. To support people with a life-limiting illness who are registered with Cutlers Hill Surgery, by the provision of nursing care, practical support and equipment; and
- Information and support at the Pear Tree Centre. To provide information and support at the Pear Tree Centre to people living in Halesworth and the surrounding area, who either themselves or a member of their family have a life limiting illness.
We are asking for your support to help us continue providing these vital services for people in our rural community.
We are open!
We pleased to announce that the Pear Tree Centre will remain open during the second coronavirus lockdown.
The Pear Tree Centre is remaining open during the November lockdown so that we can continue to provide vital help and support to our local community.
We are able to offer advice over the telephone, and can also arrange face-to-face appointments at the centre for anyone who would prefer to see someone in person. Please call us on 01986 899655 if you would like to book a slot.
Please remember to wear a face mask and sanitise your hands when you arrive for your appointment. If you or anyone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come in.
In line with government guidance, Dee's Den, which is our charity shop in Steeple End, will close between Thursday 5 November and Wednesday 2 December to keep our volunteers and customers safe.
As a result of the coronavirus outbreak, we have unfortunately had to cancel all of our planned fundraising events over the summer, which means the charity will suffer a considerable loss of income.
During this time we would welcome all donations to help us continue to deliver signposting services, counselling and benefits advice in the community, which will be even more vital than ever:
- A consultation with DANES, our disability advice service, costs £30
- An hour of counselling costs £50
- Benefits and form filling advice costs £30
Please click here if you can help.
Thank you so much for your ongoing support.
The Pear Tree Fund's latest news
Learn what's happening in and around our fund.
Get involved with the Pear Tree Fund
Be a part of something special in your local community
Learn a little more
Please take the time to check out our website and get a little more insight into what we do and how we are making a difference to local people's lives.