Introducing the Pear Tree Fund
The Pear Tree Fund offers emotional, physical and practical support to people reaching the end of their lives so that those who wish to can die in the comfort and security of their own homes.
Originally known as Halesworth Community Nursing Care Fund (HCNCF), the charity was set up in 1989 and is entirely funded by people’s generosity.
The Pear Tree Fund has two charitable objects:
- Nursing care in the community. To support people with a life-limiting illness who are registered with Cutlers Hill Surgery, by the provision of nursing care, practical support and equipment; and
- Information and support at the Pear Tree Centre. To provide information and support at the Pear Tree Centre to people living in Halesworth and the surrounding area, who either themselves or a member of their family have a life limiting illness.
We are asking for your support to help us continue providing these vital services for people in our rural community.
Temporary closure - COVID-19
The Pear Tree Centre and Dee's Den have temporarily closed to keep our staff, volunteers and the public safe.
We are still able to offer advice over the telephone, as well as counselling services online or over the phone. Please call us on 01986 899655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dees Den will also remain closed until the government says it is safe to reopen.
During this time we would welcome all donations to help us continue to deliver signposting services, counselling and benefits advice in the community, which will be even more vital than ever:
- A consultation with DANES, our disability advice service, costs £30
- An hour of counselling costs £50
- Benefits and form filling advice costs £30
Please click here if you can help.
Thank you so much for your ongoing support. We will reopen as soon as the government advises that it is safe to do so.
The Pear Tree Fund's latest news
Learn what's happening in and around our fund.
Get involved with the Pear Tree Fund
Be a part of something special in your local community
Learn a little more
Please take the time to check out our website and get a little more insight into what we do and how we are making a difference to local people's lives.